Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSec tunnel on RV082

Toronadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need some help with our RV082 router. I am using a site-to-site IPsec tunnel with a Barracuda NG200 firewall on the other end. I am able to establish the tunnel from the NG200 and it will stay alive for a couple of hours. Over night however the tunnel gets dropped and users at the site of the RV082 cannot establish a tunnel, I will have to ping a node on their network to establish it again. I have already reviewed the VPN settings and forward rules on the NG200 with a Barracuda technician and he confirmed that the firewall is ready to take a connection from the remote site. On the NG 200 there is a setting IKE active/passive which is set to passive. On the RV082 I set up a firwall rule to direct to the remote network.

What are settings that prevent the remote site to establish the connection?

I have read a couple of threads regarding the firmware upgrade and decided not to upgrade as there were discussions about problems.

Serial Number :    DEZ006B01147

Firmware version :    1.3.98-tm (Jun 20 2008 18:37:29)

screenshot.JPGrouting.JPG

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Kai, your config seems okay. You can try to disable the DPD (dead peer detection). If the router detects the dead peer it purges the policy. That could be causing some sort of "alignment" issue with the far end.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: