Views
Helpful
Replies

IPv6 Firewall ICMPv6 quirk

computerone1
Level 1
Level 1

Model : RV110W      Firmware : 1.2.0.9

Hi, I'm studying the RV110W IPv6 Firewall in the context of a long IPv6 study / Blog post ( 30+ posts yet ).

I've found a strange quirk in the RV110W IPv6 Firewall that I can't understand.

I've remade all the tests, and this appears :

Creating an ICMP service using Service Management ( Protocol : ICMP )

and using this service in an Access Rule, using any of these settings :

Default Outbound Policy : Allow or Deny

Action : allways allow or allways block

Service : ICMP

Connection type : Inbound or Outbound

gets the Inbound TCP IPv6 Firewall fully open, TCP packets freely flowing in and out.

As an exemple, my LAN server got all its services ( Web Server, Mail Server, ... ) useable from the outside.

Is this a bug ?

Can anybody confirm this ?

( Screenshot of two bug triggering config attached. As stated, it seems to happen whatever the rule settings )

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Customer,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Even though the firmware version 1.2.0.9 addresses some IPv6 issues, I think this is something new.  I see on the ICMPb and c gif files that both access rules actions are "always allow" but you also say to try both actions, allow and deny, with no difference.  In my opinion it is a bug and I suggest you, in order to confirm and provide a solution, to contact the Small Business Support Center directly to have one of our TAC engineers figure this out;

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may assist you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.