Views
Helpful
Replies

IPv6 Firewall ICMPv6 quirk

computerone1
Level 1
Level 1

Model : RV110W      Firmware : 1.2.0.9

Hi, I'm studying the RV110W IPv6 Firewall in the context of a long IPv6 study / Blog post ( 30+ posts yet ).

I've found a strange quirk in the RV110W IPv6 Firewall that I can't understand.

I've remade all the tests, and this appears :

Creating an ICMP service using Service Management ( Protocol : ICMP )

and using this service in an Access Rule, using any of these settings :

Default Outbound Policy : Allow or Deny

Action : allways allow or allways block

Service : ICMP

Connection type : Inbound or Outbound

gets the Inbound TCP IPv6 Firewall fully open, TCP packets freely flowing in and out.

As an exemple, my LAN server got all its services ( Web Server, Mail Server, ... ) useable from the outside.

Is this a bug ?

Can anybody confirm this ?

( Screenshot of two bug triggering config attached. As stated, it seems to happen whatever the rule settings )

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Customer,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Even though the firmware version 1.2.0.9 addresses some IPv6 issues, I think this is something new.  I see on the ICMPb and c gif files that both access rules actions are "always allow" but you also say to try both actions, allow and deny, with no difference.  In my opinion it is a bug and I suggest you, in order to confirm and provide a solution, to contact the Small Business Support Center directly to have one of our TAC engineers figure this out;

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may assist you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: