Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Is NAT or PAT (outside translation) needed?

Our office currently has 3 gateway routers which connects to a firewall which is acting as a passthrough device (static routing) to a Windows 2003 server which is acting as a router at the moment. (Very messy i know).  Ive only just joined the company and ive been tasked to deal with it. 

I plan to move the windows server on to the switch and have a small Cisco router connected to the switch and on to the firewall which connects to the 3 gateway routers. 

All routers are RIPv2 enabled. However my question really is , if I have connectivity to each of the gateway routers ( I tested it in Packet Tracer), do I also need to set up NAT or PAT in order for internet connectivity to be accessible from the LAN?

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY

Hi, Help me with your network

Hi,

Help me with your network diagram , 

1) when you said 3 gateway router , all are connected to three service provider ??

2)presently how is your windows server is connected ?? , 

3) Share me show ip route from your routers .

4) PAT is advised solution for internet access , when you have any web/mail/pop3 server then there is necessitate for static NAT

HTH

Sandy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content