Cisco Support Community
Community Member

ISA500 Help

I have a new ISA500 Router that I am configuring to be our internal firewall, VPN and wireless router.

This router is connected to another Cisco router managed by our ISP, Their router is in "Bridge mode" 

1. I have configured port forwarding for all HTTP HTTPS traffic to go to my Web server

2. I have configured all e-mail traffic to go to my Exchange server.

Issue:  When I turn on the ISA500 router

VPN --works

Wi-Fi -- works

I can get to the internet on all desktops

E-mail "Sending" works

We cannot recive any e-mail

Since we host our own Web server, no one can access our web server from the outside.

When I disconnect the router and have the ISP turn port forwarding back on, on their router,  I then get the e-mail that was sent eailer.

all is good then.

Any suggestions.

Message was edited by: Darrell Turner Thank you, I had a Cisco tech look at it on-line and he told me that it was programmed correctly, altoug I still have the same problem.   His sugestion was to ensure that the ports were open on my server. Although The only time I have this issue is when I put this new router in place, so I do not think it is my server.   I do have my ISP router still in place, I was thinking maybe I need them to put their router in Bridge mode??  not sure. 

Everyone's tags (1)
Community Member

ISA500 Help

Hello Darrell,

It sounds like the ISA500 might be blocking the email traffic because of a firewall setting. I recommend double checking the configuration for the ISA500's firewall.

Let me know if this works.

CreatePlease to create content