Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

ISA500 Series Small Business Router

Hello,

I am having an issue with my company's Cisco ISA500 Router.  The problem is with downloading files.  The only way I can get EXE files to download with this router is to disable Intrusion Prevention (IPS).  I really do want to use this feature to prevent attacks and keep my company as safe as possible from the outside world.  Is there an exception I can add to this list to allow the download of EXE files?  I have tried lowering the 'Severity Level' all the way down with no change.

Thank you for any help,

Jamison

1 REPLY
Bronze

ISA500 Series Small Business Router

Dear Jamison,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

Very interesting what you describe here! As you know IPS are signature-based security services. You must update the signatures frequently to ensure that these security services can give you the best protection. Please see “Updating IPS Signature Database” on chapter 7 on the admin guide;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/small_business_security/isa500/administration/guide/ISA500_AG_OL-23370.pdf

Besides I suggest you to make sure your ISA500 is running the latest firmware release version available;

http://software.cisco.com/download/navigator.html?mdfid=283875320&flowid=37024

Please check this out and let me know, I'll be looking forward to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.
Views
Helpful
Replies