cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISA550 Wan Speeds VS direct to modem

alex_baker2002
Level 1
Level 1

Today I noticed that if I connect my computer directly to the modem I am getting speeds of 67MBPS down and 3.5 Up. When I go through the ISA550 I am getting 47 down and 3.5 up. Is this fixable?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Your speeds are most likely slower because of the security services running on your ISA.

I took a quick look at the datasheet for the ISA550 and the throughput when the various threat management features are enabled is listed at 45Mbps, right around what you are getting.

As a test go through and disable the security services one at a time to narrow down which one is slowing you down, my guess would be the A/V or IPS. 

So it is fixable in a way, using just the firewall the device can handle up to 200Mpbs, but that does mean you would need to disable some security features.

Hope that helps and thank you for choosing Cisco,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

chrebert
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Your speeds are most likely slower because of the security services running on your ISA.

I took a quick look at the datasheet for the ISA550 and the throughput when the various threat management features are enabled is listed at 45Mbps, right around what you are getting.

As a test go through and disable the security services one at a time to narrow down which one is slowing you down, my guess would be the A/V or IPS. 

So it is fixable in a way, using just the firewall the device can handle up to 200Mpbs, but that does mean you would need to disable some security features.

Hope that helps and thank you for choosing Cisco,

Christopher Ebert - Advanced Network Support Engineer

Cisco Small Business Support Center

*please rate helpful posts*

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: