Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue after upgrade IOS

Trung Minh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear experts,

I have cisco router 2821. I just upgrade to the latest  of IOS version.

But after upgrade i have a issue: IOS version and system image file is difference as below:

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-IPBASEK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M8, RELEA
SE SOFTWARE (fc2)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2014 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Fri 07-Mar-14 08:20 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.4(13r)T11, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

KVP_IR uptime is 1 minute
System returned to ROM by reload at 08:17:27 ICT Thu Oct 30 2014
System image file is "flash:c2800nm-ipbase-mz.151-4.M9.bin"
Last reload type: Normal Reload

Although, i already used command: # boot system flash c2800nm-ipbase-mz.151-4.M9.bin to boot newer version but seems IOS still boot M8.

Do i misconfiguration or any other related fix this issue?

Any help is appreciated,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

ghostinthenet
Level 7
Level 7

It looks like it's booted the correct filename, but that the image in the file was the previous version. What is the file size of the c2800nm-ipbase-mz.151-4.M9.bin file in the flash? It should be 38,404,792 bytes. If it's 38,400,680 bytes, you have the 15.1.4M8 image with the wrong filename.

View solution in original post

I'm happy to have helped. Hopefully, that software-only service agreement is what you're looking for.

If you found any of these answers helpful, please rate them and mark one as correct.

Thanks!

Jody

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ghostinthenet
Level 7
Level 7

It looks like it's booted the correct filename, but that the image in the file was the previous version. What is the file size of the c2800nm-ipbase-mz.151-4.M9.bin file in the flash? It should be 38,404,792 bytes. If it's 38,400,680 bytes, you have the 15.1.4M8 image with the wrong filename.

Hi Jody,

You are right, it is only 38,400,680 bytes. its  may some one rename the M8 to M9.

Now, i want to upgrade to M9 but can not download. Although i have a account to access cisco webpage.

Do you suggest me how to get M9?

P/S: my router is out of service.

Any help is appreciated,

There's no legal way that I know of to get the 15.1.4M9 release without having a service contract on your device, but even a minimal service contract should be sufficient. According to the Cisco Service Finder, there is a software-only agreement that can be purchased. I would ask your sales rep about CON-SW-2821 to see if it will get you what you need at a reasonable price.

Hi all,

Thank you so much.

Regards,

I'm happy to have helped. Hopefully, that software-only service agreement is what you're looking for.

If you found any of these answers helpful, please rate them and mark one as correct.

Thanks!

Jody

Hi Jody,

Excellent catch.

Regards,

Aref