Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Issue with WVRS4400N wireless router dropping connection

I developed an issue recently with my router dropping connection. All 12 PC's on the network do not loose connectivity but all loose internet connectivity. I had a Dynamic WAN IP and the logs would constantly give 2 error messages. 1st would be the reply from x.x.x.x (my DNS addresses from ISP) was too small. Ignoring x.x.x.x then nearly immediately followed by the message of unexpected server x.x.x.x! These 2 messages would coincide with the loss of internet.

I completely defaulted router. downloaded and upgraded to firmware version 1.1.13 and then updated the IPS to 1.42 and reconfigured the router but this did not fix the problem. I decided I wanted a static IP from my ISP anyway so I got one and set the IP information for the WAN to static and the messages went away but now I get this error message and still loose internet but not as frequently...

Jul 17 22:30:28 - 209.124.193.2 sent an invalid ICMP type 3, code 1 error to a broadcast: 209.124.201.63 on eth1
Neither IP is my static IP or my gateway. The first IP in the message has the first 3 octets in common with my DNS and the second IP has the first 3 in common with my IP and Gateway. I have all my LAN IP's are in a class C 192.168.170.x configuration.
All PC's are set at static IP's and I also have all set by host and mac address for static IP's in the static IP mapping page.
Any ideas??
Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content