cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys wrvs4400n - access local network from wireless

brian
Level 1
Level 1

I have an ASA assigning 10.10.100.0/24 addresses to my LAN. The router of course gets it's IP in the same subnet. I need wireless devises to be able to access the LAN.

How to?

Thanks! Brian

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

openipltd
Level 1
Level 1

If I understand you correctly, the question you're asking boils down to "how do I use my WRVS4400N as an access point?" For most low-end wireless routers, the answer is, disable the DHCP server on the wireless router and connect the wireless router to the rest of your LAN via it's LAN port [not its WAN port]. As most wireless routers bridge their WLAN and LAN this should work fine. If the WRVS4400N doesn't bridge the LAN and WLAN, it won't work.

View solution in original post

I agree with openipitd, give the wrvs4400n's lan a management ip address, turn off the dhcp server and plug lan into lan.  The router function will not be utilized and the router will basically be an access point.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

openipltd
Level 1
Level 1

If I understand you correctly, the question you're asking boils down to "how do I use my WRVS4400N as an access point?" For most low-end wireless routers, the answer is, disable the DHCP server on the wireless router and connect the wireless router to the rest of your LAN via it's LAN port [not its WAN port]. As most wireless routers bridge their WLAN and LAN this should work fine. If the WRVS4400N doesn't bridge the LAN and WLAN, it won't work.

I agree with openipitd, give the wrvs4400n's lan a management ip address, turn off the dhcp server and plug lan into lan.  The router function will not be utilized and the router will basically be an access point.

That did the trick. I was not plugging it into the LAN. DUH!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: