cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Looking For assistance: WRVS4400N Wifi Issues.

Scott0290
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Looking for a bit of assistance prior to calling and starting a potential RMA proccess or returning the unit.

I picked up a new WRVS4400N on Friday, 10/22, I proceeded to hook it up, set up two wireless networks(one with WPA2-Personal for 802.11N) and one with standard WPA to support a few older devices.  I proceeded to set it on channel 11, upgraded the channel bandwidth to 40Mhz.  This worked fine until today, when we were streaming music from one pc to two others via Apple TV over wireless.  This seems to have taken down the entire wireless network for both Apple TV's, and also my laptop, which is on wireless but was not associated with this transfer at all.  This has been happening throughout the day.  As a result, I rolled back settings to set the router to a single network/SSID, verified I have updated firmware(2.0.0.8), changed the channels testing both 6 and 11, as well as reverting back to auto.  I also set the channel bandwidth back to 20Mhz.  An odd thing I did notice, when walking, I noticed the connection get worse and drop (streaming music skips/fails) when I walked through where a "line of site" would be between one of my devices and the router.  This leads me to suspect a possible hardware issue with antennas/transmitters, or a poor wall penetration issue, I would put the distance between the router and the furthest device at any more than 50 feet with my laptop being within 6 feet and no obstructions.  When this drops, every device loses the ability to see the network at all however, which leads me further down the path of hardware issues.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott0290@gmail.com

1 Reply 1

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Scott,

Since you just purchased this product you can do an online chat or call one of our Small Business Support Center Engineers.

For an online chat please go here: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/sbproductwarranty

Or if you would like to speak with an engineer, go here to find the phone number in your area: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: