Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS Config on RV042

vinayak
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am having 2 offices. 1 is my headoffice & other is my Branch Office.

I am having MPLS Connectivity at both ends & Internet Connectivity at Head office.

I am Having Cisco RV042 Routers at both ends. At my Head Office I terminated MPLS & Internet Link on RV042 & then i am having CISCO ASA 5510 Firewall.

I want to connect my 2 offices using MPLS & want my Branch office should get internet connetivity from my Headoffice Only Through MPLS.

& As i am having ASA 5510 a @ my Head office I want my Branch office traffic should follow the rules appliedin ASA Which is @ my Head office.

Head office LAN : 192.168.0.0/24

Branch Office LAN : 192.168.1.0 /24

Please Help me....

6 Replies 6

vinayak
Level 1
Level 1

Please reply on this Post...

Anyone reply on this post..

Hi Vinayak,

I suggest you do an online chat with a tech support engineer located here or you can call tech support and the phone numbers in your area are located here.

Regards,
Cindy Toy
Cisco Small Business Community Manager
for Cisco Small Business Products
www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

indy suggests you chat online with a engineer, which is a good idea.

Since you have both RV042 communicating on a MPLS network. and there is no need for the routers to anything but route then I am wondering if the RV042 are in gateway mode (the default)  or router mode ?

Router mode will disable the NAT and firewall (i believe) and just allow IP routing between the two networks. I think this is the better mode for just routing between networks.  Allow the ASA to perform the NATting and firewall.

A default route at the far end router  and a static route pointing to the remote router .  I have no idea of the gateway adresses or RV042 WAN addresses, so my screen capture below of the HQ router looks a but exaggerated.  The HQ router also needs a default route that point to the ASA5505 as the next hop. But your question lacks a topology diagram that better explains your setup.

I have shown a screen capture using old software on the RV042 that shows the section you may have to adjust.

At least it's something to think about and try,  before you chat with a technician

regards Dave

Dear David,

Thanks for your Reply.

I am Attaching my Network Diagram for reference.

Wan IPs :

1) Head Office :

Internet IP : 1.1.1.1 /30

MPLS : 2.2.2.2 /30

LAN Ip : 192.168.0.0/24

2) Brach Office :

Mpls : 2.2.2.4 /30

LAN : 192.168.1.0/24

Please tell me is MPLS Conne

I agree with Dave,

I would go in router mode which takes out all the routing table, then do static routes for the lan and setup a default route to the default gateway which should be on the mpls network.  You might have to do a default route from there to continue the path to allow internet connectivity through the other end of the mpls circuit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: