cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MTU Issue Still Exists with New Firmware

preachs54
Level 1
Level 1

I've reported this many times over the last year and it still is an issue with the new firmware!! *sigh*  I guess I just need to dump my Cisco equipment.

The firewall on the RV320 lowers the MTU by 50.  The connection is PPPoE - which has an MTU of 1492 - but when the firewall is enabled it drops to 1442 instantly!  The issue is VERY reproducible by simply turning the firewall on and off.  Oh Well - like others on this forum, you move on when you have to.

4 Replies 4

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

John,

Please call support and open a case so that this can be reported as a bug.

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

- Marty

Mpyhala - If you will go to this thread: 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12101391/rv320-mtu-wrong

You will see that about half-way down the thread you made this suggestion and I DID it.  They blew me off as though it's no big deal.  How many times would I have to contact them before it was taken seriously?  In fact the case # is in a post near the end of the thread!

John,

I'm sorry about the issue that you are seeing. I read the case notes and it appears that it was reported as "slower than expected WAN speed". It is normal to see a decrease in WAN speed when behind a firewall, so the issue was not taken seriously apparently. I recommend that you open a new case and reference the old case number. Report it as low MTU rather than low WAN speed. Be clear about how this is affecting your network. If this is a bug, the case should be escalated so that it can be fixed.

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc

- Marty

Thanks for taking a look.  I was very clear that it was MTU that was being affected however the technician was VERY difficult to understand and may have misinterpreted what I was telling him.  You are correct - WAN speed is not the issue at all - it is MTU which should not change regardless of speed.

I will make another effort at my earliest convenience.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: