Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help with Linksys srw2048

fparamo1979
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Recently i brought a used Linksys SRW2048 gigabit switch,thinking that all i had to was connect a network cable and thats it. I was very wrong. Apparently from what i can gather i have to reset it. I thought i could access something called the webui but was unable to. Also this model of switch doesnt have a reset button or anything like. I dont have experience in this field, i know a little about computers but not resetting switches, or restoring images or anything like that. I Could really use someones help step by step to see if i can reset this switch and use it. IF anyone could help me i would really appreciate it.

3 Replies 3

voltroncz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Francisco,

Firstly, you need a help with managed switch so I assume you should start the thread at Small Business Swithches forum.

Secondly, your subject refers to non-existing switch. You can edit the subject. srw2058 -> srw2048

Thirdly, please look at the following thread :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2056233

You will probably need to connect to the switch via COM port and console commands

Hope this helps

Sorry about that. I did see that thread but i think my real problem is how to even get to the point of inserting commands. From what i have read i need a straight thought serial cable i think so i am going to pick one up later. Once that is done and connected where i go from there to get to the screen to input the commands. Again, i sont really have any switch experience but really want to get this switch up and running. Thanks

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Francisco,

If the switch has not been configured with a static IP address, you should be able to reach the web UI at 192.168.1.254. You will need to set a static IP on your PC and plug it directly into the switch. Do not plug anything else into the switch.

PC:

IP Address: 192.168.1.200

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

No Gateway or DNS

Once you get in you can give it a new static IP address. If this fails, use the link provided by Miroslav to find instructions to reset the switch from the console.

- Marty