Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Need Help with Linksys srw2048

Hi all,

Recently i brought a used Linksys SRW2048 gigabit switch,thinking that all i had to was connect a network cable and thats it. I was very wrong. Apparently from what i can gather i have to reset it. I thought i could access something called the webui but was unable to. Also this model of switch doesnt have a reset button or anything like. I dont have experience in this field, i know a little about computers but not resetting switches, or restoring images or anything like that. I Could really use someones help step by step to see if i can reset this switch and use it. IF anyone could help me i would really appreciate it.

3 REPLIES

Need Help with Linksys srw2058

Hi Francisco,

Firstly, you need a help with managed switch so I assume you should start the thread at Small Business Swithches forum.

Secondly, your subject refers to non-existing switch. You can edit the subject. srw2058 -> srw2048

Thirdly, please look at the following thread :

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2056233

You will probably need to connect to the switch via COM port and console commands

Hope this helps

Need Help with Linksys srw2048

Sorry about that. I did see that thread but i think my real problem is how to even get to the point of inserting commands. From what i have read i need a straight thought serial cable i think so i am going to pick one up later. Once that is done and connected where i go from there to get to the screen to input the commands. Again, i sont really have any switch experience but really want to get this switch up and running. Thanks

Gold

Need Help with Linksys srw2058

Francisco,

If the switch has not been configured with a static IP address, you should be able to reach the web UI at 192.168.1.254. You will need to set a static IP on your PC and plug it directly into the switch. Do not plug anything else into the switch.

PC:

IP Address: 192.168.1.200

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

No Gateway or DNS

Once you get in you can give it a new static IP address. If this fails, use the link provided by Miroslav to find instructions to reset the switch from the console.

- Marty

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content