cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Release QuickVPN client 1.4.0.5 for windows 7 does not work????

erasmomar
Level 1
Level 1

New release of QuickVPN client version  1.4.0.5  for windows 7 is not working properly.

We can not connect; instead we receive this message:

"Remote Gateway is not responding, do you want to wait?"

Dear Cisco,,,,

Your release is not complete; please correct issue and advise after it has been tested.

Rgds, EM

29 Replies 29

You might consider looking over the document here:

https://www.myciscocommunity.com/docs/DOC-13592

It just uses the native Win7 IPSec client and not QVPN.  Also, if you're using an RV0x2 you could just use the PPTP server which allows 5 connections via PPTP which doesn't mess with the QVPN client, which we've always found to be, at the very least, questionable in reliablity.  Our favourite solution is to just not use the Cisco device for inbound VPN and instead use a server behind the firewall for VPN and just enable port forwarding for your favourite protocol.  That QVPN continues its track record of problems simply doesn't surprise me any more.

Brian,

PPTP SERVER works fine on RV042 but it does not solve the problem because we still have WRV series routers without this feature.

I use WRV series at home to get NAS and remote desktop services, and can not imagine, to have a dedicated VPN server at home (By the way, I chose this router because it should have a built-in VPN feature)

Give the native IPSec client a try and let us know how it goes.  I'd be keenly interested if you can get it to run as a standard user, not an administrator.

Brian,

I've checked my WRV200 with firware ver. 1.0.39 and it haven't client to gateway settings (like on Win7 (behind a NAT device) connects to a RV082 gateway document).

Would you like to tell us, what should I set up on WRV200 to set:

Group VPN, Remote client setup - Remote Client MS XP/2k VPN Client, etc (page 2 of document)  

http://ui.linksys.com/files/WRV200/1.0.29/SecurityIPSecVPN.htm - here is older firmware, but VPN section looks similar.

Mr. Ruiz,

I am having trouble with the QuickVPN Client 1.4.0.5 on a Windows 7 PC.  I have been successful with the client on numerous other PC's running 7, but I can't get it to work on just this one.  I've tried everything I can find as a possible solution with no luck.  Can you help?

Thanks,

Matt Davis

spyla1969
Level 1
Level 1

I keep getting Verifying network and just stays there. One thing I noticed is that on the DNS tab, when ever I run QVPN, it tries to add  linksys to DNS Suffixes.

Even though it keeps saying  verifying network, I can connect to the machine that I want to with the IP address. Only way to disconnect is to go in to task manager. Cisco sucks big time in this matter. Looking at the number of people having this problem, looks like cisco did not test it at all.

tried from Windows 7 Enterprise, both 32 bit and 74 bit connecting to  WRVS4400N. Pity is, will connect fine from XP.

CISCO FIX IT.

qvpn1.jpg

Hi,

Since I haven't seen any resolution to this issue, I thought that  I would add my 2 cents.

We recently  installed a RV082 router runnig the latest firmware (2.0.0.19)  in the network behind a Cable modem. We had some original issues which promted me to  look for help on the web. That's how I ended up here. The original issues were due to  driver error and are fixed.

As far  as  the 1.4.0.5 client for Windows 7 connecting to the router is concened, It seems that it depends on what  flavor of  Windows7 you  are running. We have no problem in connecting a LT running 64 bit Windows 7 PRO to  the router via the client. However a 32 bit Windows 7  Premium will not connect and experiences the same problems as other in this thread. The initial setup  of the tunnel seems to work but when it gets to verifying the connection ( Pinging the gateway) it fails.

I have yet to  figure out why. perhaps there is something in 7 Premium that  disalows pings or it's pinging the wrong thing. My windows XP box on the same LAN as the W7 premium has no problem connecting.

I've turned off the Norton IS FireWall on the W7 box with  no help.

If anyone has any suggestions regarding W7 Premium not conneceting, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks

Nor

First of two solutions are of my opinion.

a) use LogMeIn to get beyond the RV042 and the obvious array of issues that Cisco has not addressed.

b) buy VPN product from Sonicwall

http://www.sonicwall.com/us/products/Secure_Remote_Access.html

Best that I can tell the solutions is to get away from Linksys/Cisco products entirely.

chasster123,

Trolling around and recommending other vendors products is not productive.  I may not speak for everyone here, but while many of us have had our issues with QVPN, Cisco makes a far superior product to SonicWall and they don't nickel and dime customers for 10 users or 25 users or 50 users or the like in their Small Business lines. If I want to step up past Cisco Small Biz line there is always the ASA (formerly PIX) and I will take my ASA's up against SonicWall's anyway for reliability, performance, and compatibility.

Finally, Logmein is no different than GoToMyPC or other desktop only access.  It does not give you access to internal mail servers, printers, web servers, application servers, etc.. that you may wish to access from your remote computer.

So please let's try to stay on topic.  I'll be the first to press Cisco hard to fix problems and have done so many times.  I find Cisco to be very responsive to issues when you present them properly so if you have personal experiences with QVPN that belong here please share.  The more people who share constructive concerns here the more likely things will get fixed.

Nor,

Have you confirmed that the Win7 Home Premium user is running with full admin rights?  While I consider that a HUGE security risk, QVPN requires it.

kimiondotcom
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone resolved this problem yet?  Should I call Cisco directly?  I've been trying to make this work for a few days now and I ran into a wall...  I got Windows 7 Ultimate and QuickVPN 1.4.0.5...  Anyone, please...  :(

Absolutely.  You need to talk to Cisco.  The more times they see this problem the more likely it will get fixed.

mhdjgebhard
Level 1
Level 1

Dear at Cisco,

comming from old Cisco-IOS World and very old ancient Germany, what are you doing the whole day?

When you start IPSEC.EXE allone, within the e.g. 1.1.0 QuickVPN client folder, than you just get the message "The procedure-entrence-point IPSecFreePolMem" in DLL POLSTORE.DLL was not Found.

Again. What are you doing, testing developing -------- NO, SIR!

Copy the POLSTORE.DLL from an older Version than 7 and Vista to the QuickVPN-Folder and just, what surprise, all went fine and the "FreeSwan" will be genarated within the SecurityRules.

Thousand flowers and greetings to the young guys in young and sofisticated US.

Juergen Gebhard, CEO of T-UI and Test and R&D engeneer the whole life. :D

OK, I went to an XP PC and copied POLSTORE.DLL from it into my QuickVPN 1.4.0.5 folder and tried to connect.  Still fails to connect saying "Remote Gateway not responding, do you want to wait?"

I am running Win7 Pro.

Maybe I didn't completely understand your suggested directions.

...Rich

Hi, first disable this POLSTORE.DLL again in your QuickVPN-Folder. Then start in this folder IPSEC.MSC and than IPSEC.EXE. You should get from IPSEC.EXE  the error above. If not, than any other problem you have. Follow all the hints here in this thread.

If you get the same error above, than enable this POLSTORE.DLL again and start the IPSEC.EXE. You get the full info what has been gone. And within the IPSEC-Window for Local Computer you may find this FREESWAN-setting.

B.t.w. before I went this way I did export and import the IPSEC-settings from the XP-machine, as it was hinted some posts earlyer. But the way I have gone, works also with manualy deleting the FREESWAN config. With the IPSEC.EXE it will new generated in any case.

When you start via QuickVPN you may monitor also what happens within this IPSEC for Local Computer. Press F5 to keep it aktual.

From time to time the connection gets only succeeded after the second and more times. I have a very slow UMTS Internet-Access.

Juergen

Adding: These effects, getting not connected, first and during the VPN-Tunnel exists, has not changed since the top-first Version of Quick-VPN.

Dear customer, be patient, don't care about these stupid messages, click again or when the connection allready has succeeded through the VPN-tunnel do what you did like to do.

...... and again, with which configuration-scenario do the guys at Cisco test and develop .....

Fortunately, I never was a Cisco partner, only a poor user ;)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: