cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Portforwarding in a routed private network with Linksys E2500

teergruben
Level 1
Level 1

I would replace an old Levelone Router with a Linksys E2500.

I have 3 different routed private networks (e.g. 192.168.1.0/24 , 192.168.101.0/24 and 10.0.0.0/24)

How can I forward different ports to this 3 different private networks with an E2500.

In the "Games&Applications" Menu are the first 3 octets of the "to IP-address" are fix and corresponds with the LAN ip address.

Many thanks.

Peter

PS: With my old and cheaper LevelOne Router is this no problem.

3 Replies 3

cindy toy
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Herb,

Thank you for your question.  However, the Small Business Support Community is limited to Cisco Small Business Products.

Your question below relates to a Cisco Consumer Product which our community would not be able to help you with.

The best area for you to post your question would be at the Linksys by Cisco communty forums for routers.

Best regards,

Cindy

Cindy Toy

Small Business Community Manager

Customer Advocacy

Cisco Systems, Inc.

www.cisco.com/go/smallbizsupport

Regards, Cindy If my response answered your question, please mark the response as answered. Thank you!

Thanks Cindy for your answer.

Now I have the answer from the consumer forum:

"The E2500 can't." and

*For advanced setups look at Cisco Small Business or better."

Now my new question is:

Which Cisco Small Business router supports the following:

-PPPoE (WAN)

-NAT

-Routing (static and/or dynamic)

-Portforwarding for all routed private LANs

-WLAN (optional, not necessary)  ?

Many thanks

Hello Peter Amsler,

Pretty much all of the Cisco Small Business routers will support the below features with the exception of wireless.

-PPPoE (WAN)

-NAT

-Routing (static and/or dynamic)

-Portforwarding for all routed private LANs

-WLAN (optional, not necessary) ?

I would recommend an RV series router like the RV110W, RV120w, RV220W, or WRVS4400N.

Please be aware that some of these devices will not support one-to-one NAT, or LAN subnets bigger than a /24.

Here is a link to the RV product comparison page:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9923/prod_models_comparison.html

If you have any further questions about these products you can post them here. You can also contact the Small Business Support Center in the US/Canada at 1-866-606-1866, for additional product details and recommendations. International contact numbers can be found here:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

-john