Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Pre sales advice on RV325

I am looking to replace my current router due stability issues, and have been looking at the RV325 as a possible replacement, although having read a few support issue here for the RV320 and RV325 other recommendations are welcome.

I have read the manual but a few things are not clear still, when adding services for the firewall what protocols does it support i.e. just the standard TCP / UDP stuff or can I add a Protocol 41 rule so I can route 6 in 4 from the external endpoint to my internal endpoint?

This brings me on to built in 6 in 4, can I only use that with a static IP on the WAN interface as I will be using PPPoE with a dynamic IP and the IPv6 ISP's DDNS feature to keep the external IPv4 details up to date, I have this working currently so can't see any real issues, but does the RV325 allow this set-up?

1 REPLY

the rv320 supports IPv6 (RFC

the rv320 supports IPv6 (RFC 2460) according to the datasheet.

I don't think you can add protocols, we've looked at GRE and it won't do forwarding for that either.

for 6to4, it does support configuration as an endpoint,  configuration steps are here. 

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/routers/csbr/rv320/administration/guide/en/rv32x_ag_en.pdf

pg 26

the only 2 ddns that are supported directly are Dynamic DNS (DynDNS, 3322)

It might be a good idea to check with your provider to verify what router models they have tested with their ipv6 config.

hope it helps,

Dan

Views
Helpful
Replies