cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with Site to Site VPN between RV215W and ASA5510

henriux2412
Level 1
Level 1

The RV215W is intended to connect a new Branch Office via 3G, but fail.

But when connected to internet via cable modem the VPN works.

I have set up with remote ip and FQDN.

Please help me soon as soon as you can.

Many thaks,

Henriux2412.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Henry;

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

I doubt this site to site VPN is supported on 3G Mobile Broadband USB modem but I would anyways suggest you to verify that the Card Status field shows your mobile card is Connected (Status>Mobile Network). I have seen a similar problem with some Verizon USB modem where the solution was to change some setting under their access manager software ( "NDIS Mode - Manually Connect" was selected and changing this option to "Modem Mode - Manually connect fixed it), but if this is not your case I then suggest you to double check with your service provider about the site to site VPN support on this WAN setup.

Other than that I advise you to contact the Small Business Support Center to inquire about this, even though I do not think they will be supporting it;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/sbcountrysupport

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is anything I may assist you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Henry;

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

I doubt this site to site VPN is supported on 3G Mobile Broadband USB modem but I would anyways suggest you to verify that the Card Status field shows your mobile card is Connected (Status>Mobile Network). I have seen a similar problem with some Verizon USB modem where the solution was to change some setting under their access manager software ( "NDIS Mode - Manually Connect" was selected and changing this option to "Modem Mode - Manually connect fixed it), but if this is not your case I then suggest you to double check with your service provider about the site to site VPN support on this WAN setup.

Other than that I advise you to contact the Small Business Support Center to inquire about this, even though I do not think they will be supporting it;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/sbcountrysupport

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is anything I may assist you with in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Gracias Jeffry, en mi caso el equipo reconoce el USB y se puede navegar pero no levanta el tunel. Ya he abierto el caso en Soporte Small Bussines.

El caso es que yo probé un D-link DER-555 igual con conexion failover y me funcionó sin problema, pero decidí comprar el rv215w pues en teoria hacia lo mismo. Lo unico que me queda es probar con diferentes Data Cards.

Saludos,

Henry Chaves.