cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with ACL on RVS4000 router

Lee Cox
Level 2
Level 2

I am having a problem with ACL not working correctly with the RVS4000 hardware version 2 router. I am trying to block network IP 1.94.157.1 and 1.94.157.1 specifically but blocking the whole class A network would work fine also. I have tried to block the specific address 1.94.157.1. I have tried blocking an IP address range and blocking the network as well. I have tried blocking destinations and source addresses with the same result. The router lets you enter the values and save the ACL. It even shows the ACL in the list. If you try to edit the just created ACL it will not allow you to save it again. It tells you invalid character. If you ping the above address you only get request timed out not blocked. I am running firmware version V2.0.3.2. It does the same thing on version V2.0.2.7

2 Replies 2

Lee Cox
Level 2
Level 2

I have figured out this problem is covered in the release notes for version V2.0.3.2. I discovered this under version V2.0.2.7 firmware and then quickly upgraded to version V2.0.3.2 without reading the release notes until later.

Hi  lee cox

Before you upgrade your firmware version, read this manual, because the problem could  be the  device configuration. here is the link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rvs4000/administration/guide/RVS4000_AG_OL-22605.pdf

If after viewing the settings, this does not work, you can  upgrade your firmware  to a newer version, I recommend these two

V2.0.3.2

V2.0.2.7

If this answer was satisfactory for you, please mark the question as Answered.

Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: