cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QoS for ISA570W

Brian Bergin
Level 4
Level 4

One thing I've found very cumbersome in the ISA500 series coming from hundreds of RV082 installs is the quick and simple ability to guarantee or limit bandwidth to specific devices, say an IP webcam.  WIth an RV082 I could guarantee a webcam a certain amount of bandwidth on demand in about 30 seconds.  Can anyone tell me how I do that on an ISA500 (with or without the 30 second timeframe)?  Let's assume, for argument's sake, the webcams are ot on a VLAN and is connected directly to the ISA570W and their IPs are not sequential, say 192.168.1.32 & 192.168.1.201.

Thanks...

3 Replies 3

joroeder
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Brian,

I believe I have found an article that can start to help you in resolving your issue. If follow the article link below, you can enable QoS for your device.

General Quality of Service (QoS) Settings on ISA500 Series Integrated Security Appliances

From there, if you log in to the Series Configuration Utility and choose Networking > QoS > LAN QoS, you should be able to find the settings for Bandwidth or a Bandwidth page. Please let me know if this helps.

That's actually a useless article.  There are several others just like it.  If you'll read that article it actually doesn't give you ANY information other than go here and click this check box to turn something on, not any information on how to configure it or what to do to get a specific result.  Honestly, the internal help files give you a lot more info, but still no way to guarantee bandwidth for a specific device or set of devices.

As for bandwidth pages there's very little in the way of those in the entire product, certainly nothing as sophisticated as the lower end RV082 is.

Hi Brian,

I think the only option available for this device is the ability to control the overall upstream bandwidth going through the WAN port. When you have QoS turned on for WAN, you can go and set the bandwidth using the Configuration Utility by choosing Networking > QoS > WAN QoS > Bandwidth Settings. But for individual LAN ports, it seems to be somewhat limited in terms of designating specific amounts of bandwidth as you say.