cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

QuickVPN RV082 - Am I missing something ?

bobscumington
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have the quick vpn conencting from home to work but ..... cant see how this works, Ive used many other VPNs over the years, I have been using the PPTP VPN just fine but I wanted to test the QuickVpn solution for ease of use with some of my co-workers. It doest give me an IP on the LAN side, it doesnt ping anything on the lan side , it just connects and is pretty much useless to me from that point on. I suspect Im missing something here

can anyone offer any help ?

thanks ...

1 Reply 1

Tom Watts
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Bob, the QuickVPN relies on you using a different subnet when connecting as an external client. So if your router is configured 192.168.1.x then your client connection LAN should be anything BUT 192.168.1.x subnet.

Upon connection, the router populates a route table to allow the communication. Since the router is not assigning you an IP (virtual adapter connection) there may be other caveat with whatever you're trying to access. To simplify things the most, especially for testing, I'd recommend to disable any security suites or firewalls to achieve your basic connectivity then modify those other services to address any issues.

-Tom
Please mark answered for helpful posts

-Tom Please mark answered for helpful posts http://blogs.cisco.com/smallbusiness/