cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router RV042G The remote gateway is not responding

Long Ly
Level 1
Level 1

I used to connect to our small dental office remotely using QuickVPN. However, I could not connect it this time. I got the error "The remote gateway is not responding."

I just updated the firmware and rebooted the router. I also installed Windows updates on my Windows 7 and run on the compatible mode. I also removed and re-intalled the QuickVPN clients. The ICMP rule has been created already. 

I still get no luck. 

Please give me some hints how to fix it.

Thanks,

Long

1 Reply 1

decobeauty
Level 1
Level 1

how is this different to the normal router from sky or bt .and  does this have any relation with my website.

@Long Ly wrote:

I used to connect to our small dental office remotely using QuickVPN. However, I could not connect it this time. I got the error "The remote gateway is not responding."

I just updated the firmware and rebooted the router. I also installed Windows updates on my Windows 7 and run on the compatible mode. I also removed and re-intalled the QuickVPN clients. The ICMP rule has been created already. 

I still get no luck. 

Please give me some hints how to fix it.

Thanks,

Long

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: