Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

router srp 527w logging capabilities

Hi

I have bought recently srp 527w router. I am using it with very simple network configuration at the moment, containing 2 laptops connected via ethernet ports on the same VLAN and ADSL connection. All is working fine except that I am unable to find proper logs. If I log in as admin user I can see Log page and there I can see some logs of the router but not the logs of the firewall. I would like to see blocked incoming connections for example.

I am also unable to find syslog support for logs. I would like to send firewall logs to my external syslog server. It would be hard to believe that this basic functionality is not available in cisco router. My 5 year old netgear router has this implemented.

Any help would be much appreciated. Otherwise I would be forced to send the router back.

A.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: router srp 527w logging capabilities

Hi

It is possible to generate syslog messages from the SRP - although currently it's a little unusual for the SRP520.  To enable, go to Voice > System, enter your syslog server IP and select the "3+Router" level to generate router messages.

The new SRP540 has this functionality available in the admin logs section.  It also has a dedicated Firewall log too.

Regards,

Andy

Hi,I have enabled SYSLOG as

Hi,

I have enabled SYSLOG as per your instructions and can see the log entries on my SYSLOG server, however I want to see all port 80 (HTTP) and 5060 (SIP) requests coming into the router from external so that I can see the IP addresses of the requestors. How do I configure the SRP527W to show this additional log information in SYSLOG?

Regards

John

Views
Helpful
Replies