cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router Suggestion

Rick Scheer
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for suggestions on a router that will support the following.

1.  Multiple client VPN connection.

2.  Multiple host to host VPNs

3.  Ability to configure NAT on each host VPN tunnel independently.

Need for small office.

6 Replies 6

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What sort of internet connection do you have (ADSL, VDSL, Cable, Fibre, etc)?  What speed is your connection?  How many users behind the device in the network?

Cable Modem

150 down / 25 Up

30 users

I am currently using the RV042, which is a nice little VPN router that supports multiple tunnels.  My customer is now needs to connect to an outside side source (other tunnels are to their other offices)with another VPN tunnel, but will require NAT on this one.  The RV042 supports NAT, but at an interface level, not tunnel level.

Thank you

Perhaps consider a Cisco 891F.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/800-series-routers/data_sheet_c78-519930.html

Note you will need to program this via the CLI.

This router will support NAT across multiple VPN tunnels?  That is my biggest need.  I read through the tech docs, but it did not address that topic specifically. 

It would be easier if you gave a specific example - but in short, IOS has extensive NAT controls and functionality across all layer 3 interface types, including tunnels.

Rick Scheer
Level 1
Level 1

Customer has 4 offices, each with RV042g.  site to site vpn between each office.  New requirement is connection to servicing vendor, which will require 2 additional site to site vpns.  These VPNs must be NATd.  Need VPN router that will allow NAT across an individual tunnel.  The RV042G will do NAT, but not by tunnel. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: