Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RSV042 and QVPN .. Connection Issues

Hello,

I just bought a RSV042 and took it out the box. Plugged it into the cable modem and set up 4 users for the VPN. Disabled block wan requests. I made sure the Fireware was up to date and d\l the newest version of qvpn. I generated a certificate, exported it for client. Placed that into program files > cisco small business and just about everywhere in that folder and subfolders i could. My ip scheme is 192.168.1. and i have a linux fedora 10 server with samba setup.

First issue is i can no connect using the quick vpn or it if very buggy. When i hit connect it gives me a cant find certificate error. After having to ignore that 2 times it starts going throuhg the connecting process. Usually the first time it will connect. I can get on the network and access my samba drive. It is very slow also. I can not see any other computers or network printers on that network. If i disconnect and try to connect again it just fails and either comes up with the 5 options saying check firewall / ip / and all that or goes to could not connect to remote gateway. I didnt change any options it just wont connect. That setup is a Laptop running Windows Vista using a Verizon Air Card. I can also get the laptop to connect intermitently offsite at another cable isp location.

Second.. At that same location i have installed the same quickvpn client on a windows XP machine. It does the same thing with the certificate but it does not connect. I have turned off the firewall and everything. It will not connect no matter what i try. It is not connected to a router, just the modem.

Third.. I need to know how stable this VPN is? My client can no go down at all. They have to have access via vpn to get to a program they use every minute. They are using a gotomypc connection right now using 2 remote locations but we are adding a 3rd. So im tring to get rid of that service and use a vpn solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES

Re: RSV042 and QVPN .. Connection Issues

I just had a friend of mine try using windows 7 and he cant even get past the certificate error. It asks 3 times and then just closes it out.

Re: RSV042 and QVPN .. Connection Issues

Sir. there are few tests that you can perform; you have to make sure that your VPN ports are all open, then the modem should be in bridge mode (only your internet provider can perform this task "bridge").

Window 7 has some issues connecting with VPN but there is a way to make work.

Sometimes you have to desable your anti-virus in oder to establish a VPN connevtion.

There are many ways to take care this issues, I recommend you to contact our support center 1866-606-1866 US/Canada.

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies