cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RSV4000 with no WAN connectivity...or is there?

nickmoncrief
Level 1
Level 1

Good evening!

I purchased a RSV4000 for my home network and I was setting it up when I ran into a bit of an issue.  My WAN is set for DHCP so it received an IP and DNS information from the cable modem.  From the router I am able to ping my providers DNS servers as well as tracert to google.com.  From inside my network I can log in to my admin page and see my other devices so internal DNS is working fine as well as DHCP.  I can ping my router internally and I can also ping the WAN IP address of my router internally but that is as far as I can get. 

From a PC on my network I cannot access any web content beyond my router WAN port, which I have verified has connectivity.  I have power cycled both my modem and my router numerous times to no avail.  I plug my old router back in and it works with no problem.  I plug my computer into my modem and it works as well. 

I turned off all firewall settings, set it so that it is in router mode and edited the DHCP and LAN IP information on it but that is all.  All of the other settings should be default. 

I even went so far as to plug the RSV4000 into my old router which was plugged into my modem since I know my old router worked.  It did the exact same thing.  It received an IP from the old router, was able to ping externally and I was able to ping the WAN port but then after that bupkiss. 

Any solutions would be welcome.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

jasbryan
Level 6
Level 6

Nicholas,

Sounds as if you have the RVS4000 in Router mode and not Gateway mode; I would factory reset the RVS4000 – make sure RVS4000 isn’t plugged into your modem. Plug your PC directly into your cable modem and surf a few web pages. Make sure you’re getting a PUBLIC IP address from your Modem.

Now plug the PC directly into RVS4000 (don’t plug RVS4000 into modem yet) under setup tab ••àclick on Mac address clone ••ànow clone your pc MAC address. Now make any other setting changes like Local LAN address to 192.168.7.1 the router will reboot. After hitting submit plug modem into RVS4000 and check to see if you have internet. If no internet access trying rebooting modem and router, but rarely do I have to reboot.

If you need further support with RVS4000 please call 1-866-606-1866 and open a support case

Hope this helps,

Jasbryan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: