cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 08 Port direction and remote admin do not work either

gcrhinogpt
Level 1
Level 1

I know there has to be something I am missing, this is my first small cisco router. I know some business routers need to be registered to have certain functions work. I have gone through the knowledge base and there seem to be a few with my issues. Sadly I have been doing IT since 86 and playing with larger Cisco boxes for over a decade. So thats a little of my back ground, I also have a MCSE (W2K), A plus, Net Plus etc... so I know its got to be something stupid that I missed or something wrong with router. It was purchased new just before the holidays and I tried calling the posted Cisco number and the auto phone wanted a PO agreement before it would connect me. OK so alI need to do is Port forward two ports (3389, and 82) same ports internal and wan side. The internal is being sent to two different IP address, one per port config. So I did set up the UPNP, set up the service as enabled, and really looked in the knowledge base to see if I was missing something. So I left the site although just before I left I set up the remote admin login from the wan side. This does not even pick up, There is no other firewall between the device and the internet except for the T1 dmark.

Any quick Ideas for a old guy? This is a RV 08 new router so if anyone has a phone number for small business cisco for new products. I know its got to be something really stupid that I am missing. Man I miss those good ole days where everything you needed to open and forward a port was located in one area in a router firmware setup. Any help for this old guy would be deeply appresciated.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

If your RV082 is not running the latest firmware, you might want to download it and give it a try.

Release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv0xx/release/rv0xx_rn_v4-1-0-02_OL-26196.pdf

Firmware 4.1.0.02: http://bit.ly/vnqXzi

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Randy,

Thank you for posting. You can find a number for Small Business Support at the following link:

www.cisco.com/go/sbsc