cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 120W and SBS 2011 Essentials Remote Web Access

Chris Smith
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV 120W router and SBS 2011 Essentials server.  The remote access was working porperly, but now when I type the URL it brings up the RV login screen instead of the Remote Access sign in page. 

I am not certain what settings are messed up.  Does anyone have a quick and easy guide on this?  I used Upnp to set up initially. 

Thanks for any help you can give me.

3 Replies 3

rmanthey
Level 4
Level 4

I am assuming you are using the default IIS settings for the remote web workplace which should respond on port 443. The default port for remote web access for the RV120w is 443. So if Remote management is turned on under the firewall settings on the RV120w the router will respond to those request and not forward them on to the SBS server. If you need remote management or QuickVPN to work you need to change the remote management port to 60443 for Quck VPN or any other port than 443 for remote management. This should allow the packets destined for the remote web workplace or SBS server to get through.

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

rmanthey@cisco.com

I dont even have remote management turned on.  Where are the settings for Quick VPN?  I am ready to start from scratch......

Remote Management is found under the Firewall / Remote Management tab.

You have to create your QVPN users, you can do this under the VPN then IPsec/ IPsec Users

Then from the User Type field choose Cisco QuickVPN