cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 120W Firmware Update

pintobean430
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we have been having some problems with corrupted files coming out of our network, which is connected through an RV 120W router. Like the problems in this (https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3193012#3193012) thread, the problem appears with attachments and seems to happen at random.

I have heard that there was a firmware fix in the works, but are there any other solutions or work-arounds to try until there is an update?

18 Replies 18

riroe
Level 3
Level 3

As of this morning there is no new firmware that has been posted yet for this product.  I would just keep

checking the Cisco.com website for the new firmware.

THANKS

Hi,

I'd like to verify that Cisco knows about this problem and is doing something about it, not just assume they are. I'm having a similar issue. One of my clients is using an RV120W and is serving a public website from behind it. The site has many PNG graphic files that serve as a navigation menu. When accessing the site from outside the RV120W randomly drops one or more PNG files and they appear as missing files on the client, a box with an X in it. Repeated non-cached refreshes will occassionaly cause the missing graphic to show up, but not always. When accessing the website internally, everything is fine. If accessing the site from outside via VPN to the internal address, everything is fine. The RV120W seems to be intentionally filtering out these graphic files. My client was losing money and is absolutely furious. I had to eliminate the RV120W and replace it with a $20 piece of junk that works better than the RV120W until the RV120W gets fixed. I am completely baffled as to how this wasn't caught by even the most primitive type of QA??????

Can someone please verify that it's known problem and is being addressed...

Mark

Yes CISCO are you out there?  Can you please update us and let us know if we will ever be able to use these products or should we just return them to our vendors???

Keep checking the website.  I believe there might be something released by the end of the month.  Not 100% positive on that, but check weekly on it.  If I see the release before you guys do, I will post to the community and let you know.

Hello all, Dave is absolutely correct.

The new Firmware is almost ready and should be released in the next few weeks. I know that this has been a long wait for some of you, and we appreciate your patience.

Please keeping checking here we will post a note when available.

Eric Moyers

Cisco SBSC Network Engineer
1-866-606-1866

Firmware v 1.0.1.3 is now available in Cisco Software  Center:http://www.cisco.com/cisco/pub/software/portal/select.html?&i=!m&mdfid=282981372

Release Notes: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/ps9923/prod_release_notes_list.html

Thanks,

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business Technology Group

My RV120W firmware v1.0.1.3 early observations.

Firmware update v1.0.1.3 appears to have corrected the random filtering of .png images my client was having in initial pre-deployment testing. I'll be putting it into production later this week to test it where the rubber meets the road.

It does not resolve the problem of accessing an internal website using the external address from an internal network and having the RV120W administrative login appear that has been reported elsewhere though. The administrative login still appears. Hopefully that will be addressed eventually. The current behavior confuses my clients.

Thank you Cisco.

Mark

http://www.mtg-highflyer.com

Well, as my previous post tells the random filtering of .png files is fixed, BUT NOW I can't make outgoing PPTP connections with v1.0.1.3. I did a fallback to v1.0.0.12 (no configuration changes other than firmware versions) and outgoing PPTP works but .png's are randomly filtered.

Where is QA????

Cisco, please fix your fix...and let us know when you have one that works. My client will have to continue with the $20 piece of junk that works better than the RV120W until the RV120W gets fixed.

Please don't let this post go unanswered. I am now putting Cisco products across my client base on a short leash. There are working alternatives. I used to have more respect for Cisco products.

Very Disappointed,

Mark

Hi Mark and thanks for posting.

I recommend you contact the Small Business Support Center right away. See www.cisco.com/go/sbsc. There's no charge for products under warranty and the US center is available 24/7. What's more, you'll be helping us identify and resolve similar issues.

If you've already contacted the Support Center, please provide your case number so we can investigate.

Thanks,

Stephanie Reaves

Cisco Small Business Technology Group

cory.ruthardt
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issue with my RV-120W.  I was having issues with outlook continually cycling through errors "Connection to exchange server has been lost" and a few seconds later "Connection to exchange server has been restored".  Cisco fixed this problem with the firmware update to 1.0.1.3, but now I am not able to initiate PPTP VPN connections from inside my network to an external PPTP server.  This is very frustrating, we need Cisco to fix their fix.  Someone from Cisco please look at this issue and post another firmware update.  I am attaching a packet capture of a user trying to connect to an external VPN.  If you find a fix email me.

***Edited to remove attached file after workaround was developed***

Cory Ruthardt

Director IT

Minsa Corporation

cory.ruthardt@minsa.com

cory.ruthardt
Level 1
Level 1

Update:  I did a little more analysis and I found that wireless clients connected to the RV 120W are able to initiate a PPTP VPN tunnel; however, wired clients are still unable to access PPTP VPN through the router.  If I hardwire these clients directly to the ISP router then I am able to initiate a PPTP VPN without issue.  I do have PPTP pass-through enabled, but it only works for wireless clients.

I'm still having the same problem too. I just wanted to thank Cory for his efforts in assisting Cisco in fixing their products. I'll be trying the wireless client angle shortly and will report my findings.

I purchased my RV 120W 2 days ago and have the same problem (fw 1.0.1.3) I have the same problem. I am surprised that Cisco havent fixed this problem.It causes me a lot of problems. I expect Cisco to fix this problem asap

cory.ruthardt
Level 1
Level 1

I have opened a case with Cisco to try and get this issue resolved, but still no real response from Cisco.  Come on guys if you can't get out a working product we have no choice but to purchase from your competitors.  Someone from Cisco please look at case and get some answers for us. Case number 616158907.

Cory