cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 120W Firmware Update

pintobean430
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we have been having some problems with corrupted files coming out of our network, which is connected through an RV 120W router. Like the problems in this (https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3193012#3193012) thread, the problem appears with attachments and seems to happen at random.

I have heard that there was a firmware fix in the works, but are there any other solutions or work-arounds to try until there is an update?

18 Replies 18

Thank you so much Cory for opening a SR with Cisco STAC and posting your SR#. This will help us monitor the case as it progresses.

cory.ruthardt
Level 1
Level 1

I finally got to talk to an engineer with Cisco and they actually helped solve the problem.  They setup a router in their lab and proved that the issue was repeatable.  After working with them for a few hours we found that you can enable PPTP tunneling if you:

1. Enable bandwidth profile  (no need to add bandwidth profiles or traffic selectors)
2. Enable content filtering
3. Enable Traffic metering

This is only a work around until they can develop a firmware upgrade to fix the issue.  I hope this helps!

Cory

Thank You Cory! and cisco...

I can verify that this workaround has worked for me. It's interesting that simply turning these items on and not defining a thing works. It seems to indicate a logic flow problem with the device and shouldn't be too hard for cisco to correct and release an upgraded firmware.

Thank you again Cory for going that extra mile for myself and others....I was just too disgusted to proceed.....

Mark

It worked on my as well, thanks Cory, nice work. I hope Cisco know what they have to do.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: