Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 120W VPN settings

premtank01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are moving office soon & due to a problem with the communications supplier at the new office, we are restricted to using the phone systems built in firewall which doesnt have VPN capabilities & due to a fault with the software, we are unable to turn DHCP routing off. As we currently have the RV 120W & are very happy with it as it works fine for a couple of remote users, I would like to place it behind the phone systems firewall & use it as a VPN Server. Is it possible to turn all the routing off on the 120W & purely use it as a VPN Server?

Any help would be appreciated!

6 Replies 6

alibaburu
Level 1
Level 1

I think so yes.

But how exactly is your remote users accessing? Is it via the remote management- quickvpn? or PPTP or IPSec?

Remote users are using the Cisco QuickVPN.

Any ideas on how best to set it up?

Thanks.

I don't know what 'phone systems firewall' mean... but if you want to keep the RV120W behind your firewall/router... you can put the RV120W behind the firewall/router as DMZ or even can use port forwarding... if firewall/router permits you can just enable vpn protocol passthrough features. Whatever... major settings needs to be done on the 'phone systems firewall'.

by the way, which OS are your vpn users using?

I mean the phone system has a built in firewall/router & the broadband/adsl has to be plugged in to it (as stipulated by the supplier!). So yes the RV120W will be placed behind the firewall. The phone system firewall does enable passthrough features & I do know how to set them up. What I am unsure about is how to set the RV120W correctly as a VPN access point only.

There's 2 main quick VPN users, 1 using Vista Pro, other using XP Pro.

Thanks for your help!

in that case what is the model of your phone system firewall?

Can I have your email address (a temp one would be fine)?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: