Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV 134w https login ssl

Hello , i try to fix https connection cert , you connection not secure  , still have a error , even after i export - import cert to my comp setting 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately Ilya's post leaves out the elephant in the room - you can't install your own cert on any of the RV series small business routers. Cisco chose not to give you this option.

I have no idea why - there will come a time (sooner than later) that modern browsers will refuse connections to insecure web pages completely, upon which it will be impossible to manage the routers anymore.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

My name is Iliya Gatsev from Cisco Technical Support Team.

SSL connection errors occur when you are trying to connect to an SSL-enabled website and your browser (client) is unable to make a secure connection to the website's server. Depending on the cause of the connection error, internet browsers will usually display a warning messages such as "This Connection is Untrusted", "The site's security certificate is not trusted" or "Your Connection is not private".

This is because the certificate is  'Self Signed Certificate'. The certificate is not associated with any 'trusted root' in the browser's certificate store and the browser will display an 'untrusted' error.

Please rate this post or marked as answered to help other Cisco customers.

Iliya Gatsev
Cisco STAC Network Engineer
Together we are the human network .:|:.:|:. CISCO

Hi , i import ssl cert to computer , didn't help

so how i cant avoid this issue ? generate my own cert ?
or just live like this ?

Unfortunately Ilya's post leaves out the elephant in the room - you can't install your own cert on any of the RV series small business routers. Cisco chose not to give you this option.

I have no idea why - there will come a time (sooner than later) that modern browsers will refuse connections to insecure web pages completely, upon which it will be impossible to manage the routers anymore.