RV 320 router DHCP with VLANs issue

rgonzalez_tec
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV320 router with 3 VLAN :

1  The Default vlan  192.168.11.0/24

100 Test1     192.168.12.0/24

101 Test 2    192.168.13.0/24

My problem is that only the default vlan grant IPs.  

I have a DL- 1210 with define 3 vlans and only the VLAN 1 give me DHCP address, the other two not give ip address on VLAN.

Suggestions

Rogelio GQ.

5 Replies 5

Andrew Lien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, rgonzalez_tec

Can you verify that the other two VLANs' DCHP mode is set to DCHP Server and that for each IP address, port based authentication is enabled?

I have found three documents on the knowledge base that may help you in the right direction.

Enabling Multiple Wireless Networks on RV320 VPN Router, WAP321 Wireless-N Access Point, and Sx300 Series Switches

DHCPv4 Configuration and Monitoring on RV32x VPN Router Series

DHCPv6 Configuration and Monitoring on RV32x VPN Router Series

More documents can be found using the GuideMe tool here.

-Andy

Hello Andy,

Thank you for your comments and information.

I read everything than you suggest. I don´t understand What happen with the router.

Because I don´t use port base authentication enabled because I don´t requiere authentication. My users are wire so, they don´t need authentication.

I don´t understand why a simple process like DHCP with VLAN not work. 

The clients on VLAN 100 when request a IP Address never have response.

Thanks

Hello rgonzalez_tec,

what are the router ports settings? do you have trunk to another switch or you have access ports for directly connected workstation. In general DHCP works just fine for all the VLANs on RV320 so there could be something specific in your configuration or testing.

I would also recommend you to call our support center and open ticket:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-small-business-support-center-contacts.html

Regards,

Aleks

Hello Aleks

My name is Rogelio Gonzalez from Costa Rica.

First:

a-) The router have firmware RV320 firmware 1.0.2.03 . The latest firmware is RV320/RV325 firmware 1.1.1.06

I wiil try to upgrade the firmware first.

The ports on router for each vlan 1 are tagged, for all the others vlan are tagged.

I have on the port 2 one connection with the switch DSG 1210. The port on the swtich are untagged.

On the port X I have for example VID 100 and the port tagged and the PVID 100.

And never get the ip address.

I will update first the firmware and them if not work, i will try with make a ticket on support.

On the attachment you can see the actually config 

Hi Rogelio Gonzalez,

From what I can see from the configuration file on all 4 ports VLAN 1 is untagged while the other VLANs are tagged. Please try to reconfigure the ports in the following manners:

VLAN port 1 untagged, 2-4 tagged

VLAN 2 - port 2 untagged, 1, 3-4 tagged

VLAN 100 - port 3 untagged, 1-2, 4 tagged

VLAN 200 - port 4 untagged, 1-3 tagged

and perform tests when connecting PC to different port and renewing IP address on its NIC.

Only after this is successful you might connect to the switch and configure trunk accordingly to your network needs.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Aleksandra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: