Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RV016 Access Rules for Multi-IP Setup

Hello everyone, my first time on these forums and just trying to wrap my head around the Access Rules for the firewall on the RV016. So basically what i'm doing is using the RV016 in router mode, as it is acting as my gateway for the subnet of IP's i get from my ISP. I have these IP's assigned statically on the servers. So i'm trying to use the Access Rules on the router to allow connections on both are DNS servers, one is a mail server and the other runs the web server, and all my access rules were working, and now everything is locked down and it says everything is enabled on the router.

I'm sort of new to this router and don't fully understand how it should work, but it was working because i was hosting websites. I've tried every port that should be open to the net but it keeps saying port is closed. I disabled the firewall and everything works fine just like before, but that is highly insecure and would like a Access Rule or Routing way around all this.

The Web Server gets the following ports: 80, 53(TCP/UDP), 21, 22

The Mail Server gets the following ports: 53(TCP/UDP), 587(Secure SMTP), 110, 22, and 143 for IMAP

Example of Access Rule:

Action: Allow

Service: HTTP[80]

Source Interface: WAN1

Source: Any

Destination: Single IP: 75.119.232.98 (Web Server)

Is there anything i'm doing wrong in this regard?

I appreciate any help that could be given, thanks in advance

UPDATE Wednesday March 14th 6:53AM GMT -5: Just so you know i also just did a firmware upgrade and it seems to be working for now, but i'll leave it for a day or two and see if it does the same thing, but so far so good. Firmware: v4.1.1.01-sp (Dec 6 2011 20:03:18)

- Brian Sykes

Views
Helpful
Replies