Views
Helpful
Replies

RV016 - connecting subnets

ianfrance1
Level 1
Level 1

Hei.

I have been trying to configure my router for routing between subnets, unfortunately with no luck.

Here is my situation -

I have 2 networks which need to communicate with each other, no internet involved.

Network A:

RV016 router with IP: 192.168.0.2

mask: 255.255.255.0

there are cameras, PC's, PLC's conected to this network all with static IP address's.

Network B:

no router - all machines on this network have static IP's in the range 192.168.1.xxx and are connected via unmanaged switches.

I need one of the PC's on network A to communicate with a PLC on  network B.

I have tried to connect network B to A by connecting from a switch on network B to a LAN port on network A router and configuring the router for multiple subnets.

I would really appreciate it if someone couold give me some pointers / steps to follow to make this work - my backup plan is to use another RV016 router configured to network B ip address.  But I dont have that yet.

regards Ian.

1 Reply 1

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Ian,

Thank you for reaching Small Business Support Community.

Even though you can configure several subnets, there is no inter VLAN routing capabilities on this RV016 router.  Something you may try is to create an access rule allowing traffic between that PC on network A and PLC on B while denying all other traffic, see page 105, chapter 7 on the admin guide for details, notice you would have to set static IP addresses;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv0xx/administration/guide/rv0xx_AG_78-19576.pdf

Other than that and to have inter VLAN routing capabilities, I point to the RV215 or RV320 routers.

I hope you find this information helpful and please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is anything I may assist you with.

Thank you for your time and patience,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.