cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV016 missing user defined DNS

rjgebis
Level 1
Level 1

I have RV082 and RV016 and I have noticed that RV016 does not have user configure option under DHCP tab where RV082 does. I was under impression that RV016 is a better router and would have @ least the same futures that RV082. Anyone noticed that. Will this be available in next firmware upgrade?

Robert

7 Replies 7

wichilds
Level 4
Level 4

What firmware are you using? I have 3.0.0.19-tm. The one I have has the DNS fields on the DHCP tab and also on the WAN1 configuration tab (edit link). You can define the dns servers you like here. Please post a screen shot of the problem you are having.

Bill

Please take a look @ the attached screen shots taken from RV016 and RV082 (both running latest firmware) I highlited in red what exists on RV082 but is missing on RV016.

Robert

I see what you are talking about in your jpg.files, not sure why the field isn't there on your router. I would try reloading the firmware on that router to see if it might have been a software glitch.I wanted to verify this and also looked at our routers to confirm this and the fields are there the routers running latest firmware.

I did redownloaded the 3.0.0.19-tm image from cisco site and reaplyed and factory defaulted the RV016. And I do not see such option. Are you refering to RV082 (this option exists) or are you refering to RV016 (that it is missing)

Robert

Any updates? I did reloaded the firmware and hand configured after factory reset. Still not there.

Mr. Gebis,

I see what you are looking for. Unfortunately, our RV016 does have this feature, aswell our RV042. looking at the data sheet for the RV082 the DNS Local Database feature acts like a DNS server or a static DNS entry. On your RV016 router you can direct the user pc to a specified DNS server shown on the PDF file last screenshot. With this your DNS server will see a entry and will direct your users pc to the service they are looking for.

I see what you are saying and I know about it. What I was trying to do is point out difference between both devices. Reason I am doing this because I upgraded from RV082 to RV016 thinking that I will get same futures PLUS more. Is this something overlooked and will be added in coming release? Why does cheaper device has it and a more expensive does not have? Also in some offices I do not have local DNS for my own things. That is why I liked the RV082.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: