Views
Helpful
Replies

RV016 multiplex, upi and uci

sprado123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just bought a RV016 router, I want to configure my DSL with pppoe and my ISP ask me to put the multiplex on llc and upi 8 / uci 32.

I configure the username and password correctly by the website on the router but I can not find those options on the website.

How can I access to configure this values?

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

jeffrrod
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Sebastian,

Thank you for reaching the Small Business Support Community.

The LLC encapsulation, VCI/VPI values are related to PPPoA (xDSL over ATM lines) that an ATM switch uses either the VPI, the VCI, or a combination of both to route the ATM cell to its destination. The RV016 and/or any other Small Business router will only allow PPPoE configuration settings and not PPPoA as your ISP requires.

My suggestion is to let the xDSL modem do the PPPoA authentication/negotiation and have the RV016 to "Obtain an IP dinamically" for the WAN connection type setting or "Transparent Bridge" if the xDSL modem do not do DHCP to the LAN.  Just in case you may look at the "WAN connection settings" section in chapter 3 of the admin guide for details;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/csbr/rv0xx/administration/guide/rv0xx_AG_78-19576.pdf

Please do not hesitate to reach me back if there is any further assistance I may help you with.

Kind regards,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Thanks Jeffrey for the answer, I did what you said but unfourtunately doesn't work. The router from my ISL does something wrong when you put the bridge on it.

Apart from that I think your solution will not be useful, I bought this router because I need more than 30 ftp connections at the same time and the router they provide only accept 10 at the same time.

The only solution I can see is to get inside the router via telnet to change those parameters but the user and password doesn't match, I explain all the steps I did:

log on the router website.

I put the next route on the browser  https://192.168.1.1/sysinfo123.htm?ConsoleSimulation=1

I went to telnet and when the router ask for the user and password, all are incorrect.

If you have any other solution, I will be please.

Thank you very much.

Hello Sebastian,

I am sorry to hear you still have problems with the device.  The only way to access the management GUI of the RV016 is via HTTPS, locally, meaning you need to connect directly to the device to browse to it, no telnet is supported.  The default username and password is admin, password admin (lower case) and if you changed it from default and do not know what they are now, you'd have to reset the device to factory conditions by press and hold the "reset" button for 30 sec and start over with the configuration.

Just in case you would like to have someone assist you on this router configuration I suggest you to contact support directly;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/small-business/sbcountrysupport

Please let me know if there is anything else I may assist you with in the meantime.

Thank you for your time,

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:.
Cisco Customer Support Engineer

*Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.

Jeffrey Rodriguez S. .:|:.:|:. Cisco Customer Support Engineer *Please rate the Post so other will know when an answer has been found.