Cisco Support Community
Community Member

RV016/RV180 VPN Tunnel - Connect but no data

Hi there,

I have an RV016 that I'm installed in our central data center and a set of three RV180's that are going to be in remote sites.  I can get the RV180's to connect to each other and clients on the inside can see each other, and I can get an RV180 to connect to the RV016, but I cannot get a client of the RV016 to see any of the clients of the RV180's.  I think I'm missing some configuration setting in the RV016.

These are fresh, out of the box devices that have been brought up to date with the latest firmware.  There are no filters or firewall rules defined, all of the devices will have public, static IP addresses, this should be a very simple problem.  Are there some diagnostic procedures I can follow?

Everyone's tags (2)
Community Member

RV016/RV180 VPN Tunnel - Connect but no data

Hi Dan Kirkland, thank you for using our forum, my name is Luis I am part of the Small business Support community. I apologize for the issues you are having with your configuration, I read your post and it sounds to me like firewall configuration issues in the RV016 clients, you could try to configure the firewall of the RV016 clients. Bellow you will see an article with some steps that you can follow in order to configure it.

Cisco QuickVPN Installation Tips for Windows Operating Systems

I hope you find this answer useful

Luis Arias.

Cisco Network Support Engineer.

CreatePlease to create content