cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV016 - System Log Classification Problem

elchakal3000
Level 1
Level 1

I have a RV016 V3 with lastest firmware 4.1.

I have enabled Proteclink Web.

When I check the system log, I see it clasifies the urls the wrong way.

For example, if I go to www.facebook.com, the router blocks it ok, but in the log, it appears like a dialer url, when it should clasified as Social Networking.

It happens with all the urls.

What can I do to solve this??

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Juan Pablo

10 Replies 10

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

This is a known issue that will be fixed in the next firmware release.

thank you very much for your quick response tekliu

do you know when will the new firmware will be release?

regards

juan

We are looking at sometime in 1Q 2012. If you need a fix immediately, you could contact the support center for beta firmware.

yes, I need it asap.

how do i contact support center and how do i request the beta?

You would need to contact the SBSC and create a case number.

Contact Information

Then your case will be escalated to level 2 support and one of the escalation managers will contact you with the instructions to download the beta firmware.

tekliu

I have recently updated out RV016 to the latest firmware RV0XX-v4.1.1.01-sp.bin.

it corrects the ProtecLiknk URL Classification problem and some other issues, but it smashed the VoIP.

Calls that are made inside or outside the LAN randomly fail (sometimes rings, sometimes dont).

This is a BIG issue, for most people that uses VoIP.

Now I go back to firmware 4.1.0.02 and it is all working fine.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Juan Pablo

can anyone give me a hand with this?

this is an important issue, and must be solved ASAP!

Juan Pablo

anyone????

Hello Juan,

Please contact us at the support center. Please find the link below to reach us.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/support/tsd_cisco_small_business_support_center_contacts.html

hamalhi
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon,

Thanks for using our forum

My name is Haider Ali Malhi and I am part of the Small Business  Support Community. I tried to replicate your network and discovered that the issue you mentioned first is present in the old firmware. Beta versions can not really be relied upon as they are not the final product, also I would suggest to wait for the latest firmware to be released because that should solve any issues you are currently facing.

Thank you for your time and patience.

I hope you find this information useful, also please do let me know how this works out.

Greetings,

Haider Ali Malhi

Small Business Content Developer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: