Views
Helpful
Replies

RV016 Web Interface Issue

teameagle
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am looking for some help with the Cisco RV016 MultiWAN router.

I have it connected in a small business setting with about 70-80 devices. Network is:

2 x DSL Modems....RV016 Router...Cisco 300 Series Switch - >3 more cisco switches connected...AP's

Running a 192.168.0.0 network.

The web interface is down half the time.  The router needs to be reset in order for me to access it again. Usually the login page appears but when I try to login the page does not leave the login area, only a small spinning icon beside the login area.

Sometimes the page for DHCP status cannot be accessed and a reset is all I can do to access the router again.

Internet seems a little slow at times too.

We were running the Netgear FVS336G before this and I wanted to move to the RV016 and have capability of more than two WAN's, plus have everything Cisco of course.

Any advice or thoughts?

Thank you,

Adam

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Wrong forum, post in "small business - routers". You can move your post using the actions panle on the right.

alepatte
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Adam,

Have you tried to use a different browser, like Firefox or IE?  This might help to resolve the viewing page issue.  If this does not, that I would like to recommend to reflash the f/w on the router and reset it to factory defaults (hold reset for 40 sec) and reconfigure it manually.  Here is the link to the f/w:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282413305&flowid=783&softwareid=282465789&release=3.0.2.01-tm&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Please try that and let me know if that helps.

Alena

I have this same problem with three different RV016 routers. It does not matter what browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, IE, etc) or what platform (Windows, OSX, Linux, etc). After one or two logins the web interface always becomes unresponsive. This is a well known problem with these routers in the network circles I am in, and most people I know that used to use them have switched to other brands since cisco has refused to address the issue for years, across multiple versions of this router.

Hello all,

I did find a while back that if you are using DSL modems, WAN port 1 should not be used for DSL. All other ports will work for DSL Internet connections.  This has been working for me for well over a year now.  Works well.

Adam

adam.vanspronsen@icloud.com

Thank you very much for explaining this issue about DSLs on WAN1.  I could never get a DSL to work on PPPoE at one site on WAN1 and gave up.  I know now to try to swap my WANs and see what happens.

In your experience, what other issues besides the login issue are related to DSL on WAN1?  Also, what firmwares have you experience DSL issues with?  Thank you in advance for your answers.

Huntsville's Premiere Car and Bike e-magazine: www.huntsvillecarscene.com

Samair,

No problem at all, I'm here to help.

Other issues would be the router just freezing up and then no internet/network access.

I am currently using Firmware:  v4.2.1.02

I have used a few other stable releases before this as well, all trying to troublehsoot the DSL issue.

Hope that helps.

Thank you,

Adam

adam.vanspronsen@icloud.com

Looks like I discovered this issue with the DSL on WAN1 as my DSL is on WAN2.  And apparently it didn't work there either as I didn't enable bridge mode on the DSL router.

Guru Mysoruu
Level 1
Level 1

Try with Compatibility mode in Internet explorer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: