Views
Helpful
Replies

RV04 V03 VPN Client Access configuration

alessandro.l
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning,

I purchased a RV042 V03 router with firmware version 4.1.1.01-sp (Dec 6 2011 20:03:18) and I need to create a VPN connection through a remote client. I added a new tunnel in the "Client to Gateway" section, so I created a VPN client access, but connecting remotely by the QuickVPN Client after the connection and testing of the network I get the error "the remote gateway is not respondig, do you want to wait?" and I'm not able to establish a connection to the network.

If someone can give me assistance, I can provide remote access directly to the router and the IP address to connect remotely.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Alessandro Lombardini

3 Replies 3

rmanthey
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Alessandro,

Please refer to this thread for further assistance.

It is normally a Windows or 3rd party Antivirus software blocking the ICMP reply back to the client.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3079215#3079215

Cisco Small Business Support Center

Randy Manthey

CCNA, CCNA - Security

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

If you just want to use QuickVPN, you need not have any configuration in the "Client to Gateway" page. This page is to support third party VPN Client such as TheGreenBow VPN client.

Hi All,

in any case we're not able to connect by a VPN client by a Client to Gateway configuration. We tried on different PC, firawall disabled, but the system cannot establish a connection.

The router is on https://89.96.168.245/ ID: admin Pw: video2012 (is a demo installation so there is problem to access to any host, there's nothing connected LAN side).

Could someone connect, verify the configuration and test is with a VPN Client, please?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Alessandro

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: