Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 advanced Virtual Servers

ztokarczyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I need advice if it is possible to configure RV042 in certain way.

I have two public IPs assigned to WAN ports configured for load balancing, and accessing world from local netwok does work without problems.

What I need (and had previously with my dual WAN Edimax router, before it burned away) is to configure forwarding/virtual server (whatever the name for linksys is) separately for both WANs. I need to get something like:

public IP1                 public IP2

WAN1                       WAN2

|                                 |

port 80                      port 80

local IP1                     local IP2

But, when I configure port forwarding the normal way, I get port forwarded to one LAN destination from both WANs, example below.:

public IP1                 public IP2

WAN1                       WAN2

\                               /

\                             /

\                           /

port 80

|

local IP

Do You think that I can achieve my goal shown on the first sketch with current version of RV042?

It does not have to be done via WEB GUI. I can configure router with text console, but I do not see aprioperiate commands to modify firewall forwarding rules.

Any help would be appreciated

Kudos!

3 Replies 3

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

RV042 does not support the scenario you like to realize. But you could use the 1-to-1 NAT feature on RV042 to work around it.

David Carr
Level 6
Level 6

The reason being the rv042 will not allow you to shape the same protocol to two different servers.  It is a product limitation.  But like security said you can use the one to one nat feature and access the server that way.

I think that I can not use the o2o nat for the simple reason that I do not have IP pool, but only a single adress that I use for WAN interface (I mean of course two single IPs, that are not in same subnetwork).

On the other hand I do not think that it is product limitation. At least not the hardware, but web software created by Linksys/Cisco. I know that OpenRG linux, that this router runs on supports that kind of routing. I only don't know how to configure it with cli.