cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 and D-Link cloud camera incompatability?

moth2daflame
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I setup Cisco RV042 (Firmware Version 4.2.2.08) as the primary router and set my Asus RT-N66u as AP.

I have 8 D-Link Cloud IP-Camera connected to the AP. Ports forwarding are setup for each camear both at the router and cameras.

WAN1 is connected to the internet with dynamic DNS set up.

The problem is after the router is up and running for sometime (unpredictable) I will not be able to access the router through 192.168.1.1, but instead I will get the IPCamear web gui page instead (which was assigned different IP)

Sometime when this situation happen, it will not be possible to use the internet -or- certain url such as "facebook.com" would send me to the camera web gui. Yet site such Wikipedia works fine,

The camera web gui that I am getting from typing in 192.168.1.1 into browser belong to more than one camera, when I unplugged one, another camera's web gui gets shown at 192.168.1.1 instead.

Now I have to temporary disconnect all camera pending a solution.

This problem manifest after I change to RV042.

12 Replies 12

mpyhala
Level 7
Level 7

Win,

Are you using different http ports higher than 1024 on each camera? If any of the cameras are using http port 80 you could be redirected to it instead of the router.

Did you configure Port Forwarding for the cameras or Access Rules?

- Marty

Each camera is configured to use http port from 800 to 810. I also configured port forwarding on RV042 for each camera.

I can access each camera via the configured port. I suspect the camera use the port 80 to connect to D-Link cloud service (for my viewing on iPad).

I created Access Rules to prevent the cameras from using port 80 (Deny port 80, source: LAN, Destination: ANY), but then I have problem using the Camera Viewer app on iPad.

I'm still observing if this Access Rules will have any effect. Am I doing things correctly?

Update: I moved the port up into the 50,000 range but that did not help.

moth2daflame
Level 1
Level 1

AddPortMap: DevUDN: uuid:75802409-bccb-40e7-8e6c-fa095ecce13e  ServiceID: urn:upnp-org:serviceId:WANIPConn1 RemoteHost: (null) Prot:  TCP ExtPort: 80 Int: 192.168.1.40.443

After the above line is logged in the router syslog, clients is not able to access the internet for a brief period.

Win,

If you disable UPnP (Under Setup), will that break the cloud functionality?

- Marty

I assume you mean the D-Link IP camera UPnP, i have turned it off, seems to not have an effect.

I suspect the cloud functionality built in to the device firmware override the configuration. It seems UPnP still operates even when i turned it off. The only way to turn UPnP off is by going to the cloud web and sever the cloud connection from there, after which the camera no longer have a mind of its own.

Is there a reason that RV042 web gui redirects to the camera web gui when the camera maps ext port 80 to int port 443? I cannot understand the logic behind it.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Win,

Is UPnP enabled on the RV042?

Yes

The log shows that the IPCameras request external ports 80 and 443 prior to the configured ports, but seems to repeat the pattern randomly and continuously non-stop.

Sometimes even when the uPnP log shows that no mapping to port 80/443, the clients are not able to surf the web -or- gets redirected to a LAN ip address belonging to one of the IPCamera. However ping to external address does go through.

Win,

I would disable UPnP on the router and recreate the rules under "Forwarding". Change the HTTP listening port on the cameras to 54887 and 43510 instead of translating those ports to 804 and 802. That should resolve the issue.

- Marty

Thanks Marty,

I figured that out already by trial and errors and after reading similar case from other users on the internet, it does solve the problem. Although its unusual that the router should allow port 80/443 to be hi jack like that and turning off the uPnP does not seems to solve problem at that root.

I changed the camera ports to 55550-55560, is that ok.

Thanks again.

Win,

I'm happy to see that you got it working properly. Your camera ports should be fine, we usually recommend ports higher than 1024 and up to 65535.

- Marty

Hi. I have a Dlink 5020l Camera IP and after installing the RV042 the web application stopped working. I have tried create a port forwarding rule but it did not work.  Dou you have a suggestion on how to deal with this issue?