Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RV042 caching issues?

Hello,

After installing RV042 I've started expiriencing  strange issue. It looks like there is a caching mechanism inside the  router. Almost every time I enter a page it loads with no CSS styles or  images. I have to hit refresh button several times to get the page  displayed properly. The same problem happens using any browser and on  each machine connected to this router: Vista, XP and 7. Here is an  example how it looks when I try to enter ebay for the first session:

Here is how it  looks after I hit refresh button:

Any ideas? Thanks!

CISCO as usual is extremely "useful" :-/

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: RV042 caching issues?

Well, I can honestly say that, me, personally, have never seing something like this before.

In any case, what I can recommend is to check if you are running the latest version of the firmware, which is 1.3.12.19-tm.

Here is the link to download it. http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/PlatformList.x?sftType=Small+Business+Router+Firmware&mdfid=282414010&treeName=Routers&mdfLevel=MODEL&url=null&modelName=Cisco+RV042+4-port+10%2F100+VPN+Router+-+Dual+WAN&isPlatform=N&treeMdfId=268437899&mo...

When you do the upgrade, reset the device to factory defaults and reconfigure it manually.

That may take care of the issue, if it doesn't then give us a call at 866-606-1866.

Hope this helps

Views
Helpful
Replies