cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 Can't get forwarding, firewall, and client to gateway VPN to work together

bradummer
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to set up a RV042 to do the following:

1) Block all WAN connections, except for:

2) Allow all port 80 connections, and forward to 10.4.20.60

3) Allow all port 443 connections, and forward to 10.4.20.60

4) Allow port 22 connections from specific IP addresses, and forward to 10.4.20.60

5) After a remote client has connected using Client to Gateway VPN, allow that remote client to access anything on the LAN

I'm able to do #1-4 above, but I can't get #5 to work. Or I can get #5 to work, but can't implement the restrictions I need in #1-4. Attached are some relevant screenshots. I think the problem is that I have Forwarding rules set up that require me to have a firewall rule to Deny All Traffic from WAN1 (unless I'm specifically allowing it). In the Access Rules screenshot, rule #6 is the problem. If I enable it (thereby denying all WAN1 traffic), then VPN clinents can't access anything on the LAN. However if disable this rule, VPN clinents can access anything on the LAN, but the firewall also opens up all outside connections to SSH, since that's set up in the Forwarding rules. I would have thought that once a remote client is connected using client to gateway VPN, then that client is considered to be on the LAN, as far as the firewall is concerned. Thus a firewall rule (like #6) that is specified for WAN1 shouldn't effect remote VPN clients.

What's the right way to set this up?

1 Reply 1

Te-Kai Liu
Level 7
Level 7

Brad, your understanding is correct. If your issue persists, please consider calling SBSC to open a ticket.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: