Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

New Firmware available for RV340 Series Router family! This includes the RV340, RV340W, RV345, and RV345P

To learn more and get the latest Firmware version click here.

Community Member

RV042 - Cannot login to web administration after first logout

Hello,

we are using Cisco RV042 router with i guess V3 hardware version, latest driver version (4.2.1.02). We changed the username and password from admin, default, to another name and password. Since then, we are able to log in only once, once the router is restarted. If we leave the page, logout or after several hours after boot, we wont be able to log to web administration again. We enter username, password, submit, the image keeps spinning, but nothing happens. Same problem is described here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2101863

but it was not resolved in any way, and newest firmware doesnt help as well. I will not reset to factory username and password, as anyone will be able to log in.

Also, maybe same issue as above, the router stops sending logs after some time. We set up both sending logs to syslog server, and after 100 lines or 10 minutes via email. We recieve first two or three emails, then nothing. The syslog shows the same results. It is usually the time when we cannot log back to administration as well, so I guess these two issues are somehow connected.

Other services remain working, no problem there, only administration and logs are not working.

We experienced this problem with older firmware as well (4.something, it says it was the first firmware for the V3 hardware).

Please advice, what to do ?

Thank you

Best regards

Radek Havelka

Everyone's tags (3)
4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Gold

Wrong forum, post in "small business - routers". You can move your post using the actions panel on the right.

Community Member

thank you, moved

Community Member

seriously, NO HELP ??

Gold

Hi Radek, thank you for using our forum, my name is Johnnatan I am part of the Small business Support community. I am sorry for the delay of my response; I have couple of question for you, what is your Hardware version? If your hardware is not V3 this firmware is not the correct and this kind of symptoms can be fixed with the correct firmware.

I hope you find this answer useful

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it”

Greetings, 
Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda.
Cisco Network Support Engineer.

“Please rate useful posts so other users can benefit from it” Greetings, Johnnatan Rodriguez Miranda. Cisco Network Support Engineer.
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content