Views
Helpful
Replies

RV042 Cannot login

timwallis456
Level 1
Level 1

Hii,

I borrowed an rv042 router from a different branch of my office. I couldn't with 192.168.1.1 .

help needed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sregajul
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon....

Go to start-run and then type "cmd" and then in the window type ipconfig and lookout for the default gateway.

Use that defauly gateway to login.

Sometimes there might be issues with the browser you are using. So try to login from chrome, safari or firefox.

Thanks

Sreenivas

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

tjareen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The default user name and password is "admin". If it does not work, may be someone have changed the password. Try to reset the router. Hold on for 10-20 sec until the lights turns into red to reset the router. This will reset the router with default settings. Then you can use the default user name and password to login.

Thank you.

* please rate the helpful posts.

sregajul
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon....

Go to start-run and then type "cmd" and then in the window type ipconfig and lookout for the default gateway.

Use that defauly gateway to login.

Sometimes there might be issues with the browser you are using. So try to login from chrome, safari or firefox.

Thanks

Sreenivas

zbaumgar
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Tim,

It's possible that the IP address of the router was changed from the default. Set your computer to optain an IP address automatically by DHCP. The router should assign you an IP address and a default gateway. The defualt gateway should be the router's IP address.

In a worst case scenario, you can perform a factory reset of the router by holding the reset button down for 30 seconds and that will reset the IP address back to 192.168.1.1. However, this will undo any configurations that have been made, only perform a reset if you can delete any changes that have been made.

I hope this information is helpful.

Zach Baumgartner

hammalhi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You are unable to login because it have your branch Office's Private IP. If you want to login with default IP than you should reset to Factory default and than you will be able to login through default IP 192.168.1.1 . Hope this work for you.

Thanks a lot

timwallis456
Level 1
Level 1

Heyy sreeenivas,

Thanks for replying. It worked perfectly!!!

Getting answer on support by text is way better than calling cisco guys..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: