Views
Helpful
Replies

rv042 configuration with vpn

blackhammer
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

i was planed to make a vpn over rv042 so i get the rv042 connected behind a thosmon 456(configured as a bridge) and 1 static ip ... and i configured the vpn and worked great ...

but due to some circumstance i get a package of 6 ips insted of the old ip , so when i try to configure the router with the ISP they but the wan ip 10.232.x.x and told me that an internal ip from there lan ... and give me the 6 ip of 196.x.x.x to use as 1 for internal interface for the rv042 and 5 for the pc's,now the vpn not working anymore...

notice: when try to configure the vpn tunnle in the local securty setting i mark the ip only and the ip that abear is the wan ip 10.232.x.x but i can't ping that ip beside i can ping the internal ip of the router 196.x.x.50

does rv042 can support static and virtual ip inside the lan |!

i don't know is that enough information or not please help !

i have an idea or a scenario to solve this but not sure ..!

can i configure the thomson as pppoe and use one static ip from 196.x.x.x as wan ip for it ... and use anther 196.x.x.x ip for the rv042 to get access from outside and connect the lan to the rv042 with internal ip 192.168.x.x ...so i can access the vpn from outside .....

and can connect the device i need to use static ip to the thomson ...

can it done like this ?!!!

0 Replies 0