Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RV042 Dual WAN access rules

New RV042 router with latest Firmware update installed.

Two restaurants on the same LAN subnet, one POS terminal PC at each restaurant for on-line resrvation system.

LAN connection allows each restaurant to view reservations for the other.

Comcast  ISP with Static IPs and Comcast/SMC gateway in bridge mode (Comcast Gateway WAN IP = 50.###.###.134, LAN IP = 192.168.10.1).

LAN port 1 on Comcast Gateway connected to WAN1 on RV042 (WAN1 IP = 50.###.###.133).

LAN port 2 on Comcast Gateway connected to WAN2 on RV042 (WAN2 IP = 50.###.###.132).

RV042 LAN IP = 10.1.10.1.

Restaurant A POS PC IP - 10.1.10.201 (static).

Restaurant B POS PC IP - 10.1.10.202 (static).

OpenTable online reservation system needs 5 inbound port ranges forwarded to each terminal PC for the OpenTable interface.

For Restaurant A OpenTable sends to 50.###.###.133.

For Restaurant B OpenTable sends to 50.###.###.132.

We setup RV042 Firewall "Access Rules" specifying the appropriate source interface (WAN1/WAN2) with source set to ANY and the appropriate destination (10.1.10.201/10.1.10.202) for the 5 port ranges (so 10 rules in all, 5 per restaurant)

However this is not working for either restaurant.

OpenTable cannot interface with the termianl PCs on the specified ports.

If we add the port range forwarding under the "Forwarding" section of the RV042 setup (which limits us to seting it up for only one of the restaurants) the OpenTable interface works for the one restaurant.

What are we missing????

3 REPLIES

David,

I pretty sure on this model router we can't specify the inbound port address to be forwarded from specified WAN port (it's catch all). It doesn't give us the ability to choose this in port forwarding or Upnp forward. Now if you can separate the ranges that needs to be forward to each server say SERVER 1 1000-1005 and ports 1006-1010 to SERVER 2.

if you are needed to specify which wan port on your fowarding then you'll need to move up to a different router.

SA520,SA520W or SA540

Jasbryan

Then why does the Firewall "Access Rules"  configuration page/form have a drop-down selection box labeled "Source Interface" listing WAN1 and WAN2 as separate selections?

Yes, I would like to know

Yes, I would like to know this answer also as I have the RV042 and a situation where I need a computer inside the firewall to specifically use WAN2 where all the other computers need to still use WAN1.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content